Sunday, June 10, 2007
Posted by Derek Mueller at June 10, 2007 7:20 PM
- In case you have not noticed, I have officially released more than 80%
of the new! EWM 1983 Sedan Pleather theme.
- There are times when I think I will change the name of my blog.
But I don't do it.
- I need a new wallet, too. Maybe the kids will glance this entry in
time for Father's Day.
- Ph. is at an age (16) when it seems appropriate to have him read EWM for
punishment. Read and summarize one entry for each minute you are late
arriving home; no lip.
- Before I met D., I never went to car washes. I'd keep the inside
fairly tidy, but the high-priced brushless car wash was too extravagant, too
lavish, too harsh on the environment, what with all those soaps and
undercoatings. Fancy, super car washes represented the worst of
American excess. 2007: "Sure, D. I'll run it through Delta Sonic this
afternoon." But only on the outside.
- Today we teamed up for the triennial Element-interior cleaning with the
shop vac, sponges, a scrub brush, and a few other cleaning aids and
- I'm still accelerating down the dissertating on ramp. Another early
summer phase transition. The only promise to fulfill: touch it each and
every day (if only with a ten foot pole to verify that it lives, breathes).
- Tomorrow marks ten years since the day my mother died so suddenly and
unexpectedly. I was sitting in a cubicle in Bingham Farms, Mich. when
I learned about it. I will say more about this tomorrow.
- Is.'s baby signcabulary is piling up. After clapping and waving,
she picked up dog, flower, cereal, eat, duck/bird (these blend together),
bath, and frog. Frog is a sequence of three out-stickings of the tongue in
- A couple of weeks ago, I added the "Yesterblog" (upper left), an on-this-day feature.
I like it because, even though I've only been blogging for little more than
three years and I only post 15-or-so entries each month, the Yesterblog
recirculates old entries, brings them back to the surface at a reasonable
pace, if only for a short gasp before submerging for one more year.
On-this-day as entry re-cycling.
- I thought I would say more about this year's camp than I did. Say more
about the kids? Geronimo's Cave? The conversation with the superintendent of
schools in which he told me about the 3/4 of a million dollars they've spent
on vandalism repairs during the '06-'07 school year? The school's
Ariz.-leading reportable incidents against teachers? The 70-percent
unemployment? The highest suicide rates in the U.S.? Basketball? Anyway, I
thought I would say more. I didn't take any photographs this year.
- I canceled Netflix sometime early in the spring. I renewed it today,
thinking I'd catch up on a couple of moving pictures between now and August.