Wednesday, February 15, 2006
Comfort Inventory III
1. I finally made an appointment to get my knee checked out. Problem: I am sick at the prospect of seeing a PCP for a referral to an orthopedic who will have to see me twice and maybe even three times. Yeah, Dr. offices are fine for reading. Still, I'm wrecked by the whole process--deep-felt dread. I thought everything was healing up nicely, but when I went to straighten the bed this morning (making the bed, lazy style), I bent toward the floor and felt a flash-o'-lightening jolt run through my leg parts. Knee's been in puffed-out crisis the whole time since.
3. Floodlight-bright moon beams split the venetian blinds and shone straight on my eyes at 4:30 a.m. Woke me up, and I couldn't get back to sleep. Guess it's that phase in the semester when a heap of projects demand attention (and real reading-writing time).
4. Good session tonight in 651, some lift in that. Returns: figures of the griot and watcher. Lots of other stuff, too.
5. Noticed a half-flat tire on the Element when I got home after class tonight and a metal-something sticking up from the rubber edge. Can't will it away, so I ran it up to the Quick-n-Go for a dose of new air. Counting on Michelin luck to carry me through until I can get it patched (weekend, Monday?).
6. My iTunes collection was unusually iUninspiring today. Nothing sounded quite right; no fault of the speakers.
7. One writing program I envy.
7. Watson proposals in fourteen days. Lost in fourteen minutes. Coincidence?Posted by Derek Mueller at February 15, 2006 8:46 PM to Unspecified