Skip to content
- From the National Weather Service: “… WINTER STORM WATCH NOW IN EFFECT FROM TUESDAY EVENING THROUGH WEDNESDAY EVENING…
THE WINTER STORM WATCH IS NOW IN EFFECT FROM TUESDAY EVENING THROUGH WEDNESDAY EVENING.”
- All caps, NWS shouting this warning much louder than the entire stampede of snowflakes thundering our way later this week.
- Who writes weather advisories, anyway?
- Youngest and oldest and I just wrapped up a Skype call. A Skype or a Skype call?
- Oldest said his presentation today on Aristotle’s ethics was warmly received. During the call he also sent me links to three poems he’s written for a creative writing class.
- The best advice I could give him: “You’re listening to Amiri Baraka, right?”
- Love the line, “You see, we have a degree in degreeing and a PhD in PhDing.”
- On the call, youngest said, “Snow storms don’t matter to me. I’ll just stay at home.”
- I said, “For five years in Syracuse we would refer to these IMPENDING SNOW EVENTS as ‘tomorrow.'”
- Tomorrow: winter storm watch and winter storm shovel watch, Is.’s unbirthday, evening grad class Heideggerring out of the question concerning drifting conditions, and a reset on monthly meeting metering (Jan. was 27).