In typical C.I. fashion, a list:
- Is. asked to play this song over and over and over today. And at
lunch she kept saying, "Tee-ka-lee."
- Grades. Check.
- To cap the semester, a meeting tomorrow and a mock in-person interview
on Friday. Mock: I am to sport a turtleneck and then all of my questioners
heckle me about the answers when it’s over. Kidding aside, I’m grateful for
- In the spring I will be teaching an online section of WRT205 associated
with University College. I have some decisions to make. Today
I’ve been thinking about a focus on attitude: worldview, manner (a
split of Burkean agency), and so on. I saw something about Carol
Dweck’s Mindset, but it also could tie in with a whole range of stuff:
cool studies, believing/doubting, standpoint theory, perspective.
Due to my insufferable pre-course-configuring nomadism, tomorrow I will be thinking something else, no doubt. The semester begins
January 12, which means I have until 11:30 p.m. on January 11th to make up
- WRT195ers finished last week with Pecha Kucha presentations–re-makes of
their six week sustained research projects. The switch from the
textually intensive "paper" to the visually intensive and improvised
presentational-performance: a hit, and something I’d definitely like to do
- One of the presentations included the uncanny (and unintended)
substitution of "digital naives" for "digital natives" (on a slide). I know
Weinberger has mentioned "digital naives" before, but it was sort of a
surprise fit here in that the point was made in the context of the adeptness
of "digital natives."
- My bags are packed and ready for MLA later this month.
- No, no they’re not. That’s a joke (a real side-splitter, I’m sure,
for anyone both type A and on the market). But I do have the itinerary
for a trip embedded in another trip: first to Detroit by car, then to SF by
plane, then back to Detroit by plane, and "home" to Syracuse by car.
- Is. has been busy at the whiteboard sketching humanoids.