I just bussed in all of the upgrade files for Movable Type 4.2, so I had to
hustle together an entry to see whether it lives up to the
especially the faster page-creation times, which had become downright arthritic
with the latest releases (e.g., 4.x).
So far, I can offer the following (exclamation-style, so as to keep
with the mood of 4.2’s release):
- the upgrade was a cinch. That’s good!
- my search form is broken. That’s bad!
- the basic templates held up. That’s good!
- I will have to install a dummy blog and ransack its templates to
troubleshoot the search error, and I have no time for that. That’s
- a full site rebuild took less then seven minutes. Good!
- posting this entry took something like four seconds. Faster than before!
I still haven’t read any of the release materials closely enough to figure
out the difference between MT 4.2 and MT Pro. For now, my justification is
not only a case of the late-summer lazies, but also a principled objection to
the "Pro" designation, which, for my purposes, would be better if it were "Am"
or, on the best of days, "Pro-Am."