To the email inbox came a solicitation from the Mystery Shoppers Association
a couple of days ago. The MSA was recruiting me with a series of
links: "Click to become a Take Out Critic." I was enticed by the offer to review
delectable meals from Wendy’s, Chuck E. Cheese’s, Arby’s, and so on, but
unfortunately I had to decline (or, more exactly, delete the email).
I’m doing my very best already to manage a wildly long and demanding list of
obligations (i.e., qualifying exams).
Still, mystery shopping is something I could get into some day. Until
then, here are the few puzzlers I’d sell to anyone on the lookout for
perplexity. Five cents apiece:
- Do I have one of those laptop batteries that will explode and burn my
life’s work to a crisp?
- Why does my stomach hurt?
- What happened to all of the Halloween candy?
- Did I feed Yoki this evening? Or am I thinking of the scoop of food I gave him
- How bad did my haircut turn out this time?
- Why is fish so expensive?
- Should I return the crappy winter window treatment kit to Ace Hardware or
endure the twelve dollar setback quietly?
- Will I get done everything I need to get done before tomorrow’s class?