1. One more conversation about authoritative sources and research via
the i-net. Roughly: "Never use .com sources; prefer .edu or .gov
2. Toothache (or some more general category of mouth pain).
3. How the hell did my copy of Comp in Four Keys (ordered from
half.com and sent with a friendly note from a Big Ten alum) get to be so rotten
smelling? It really stinks. Pets and smoke and gin-breath-belch. As I
read, the odor makes me wonder whether the person who read it before me reached the end. One of my office mates suggested dashing the smelly book with baby powder. I’m ready to smear on some Vicks vapor rub just to get through this next article.
4. Read it by tomorrow. Oh, and this too (attachment PDF, 27 pages). And while you’re checking your email–this.
5. News you won’t find in the sports section of your local paper: I’ve
been playing Friday evening basketball this semester. Won a pair of three
v. three games on Friday, but I wrenched my lower back so horribly that even
today I can barely pull on socks, tie my shoes, etc. Unofficial status for this
Friday: questionable. Official status when playing competitive basketball
for the rest of my adult life: idiotic.